Thursday, September 15, 2011

Rovio is holding on a huge brand in Angry Birds

Rovio is holding on a huge brand in Angry Birds. According to TechCrunch, the Finland-based company was able to sell 1 Million Angry Birds shirts and 1 Million plush toys every month.
Andrew Stalbow, Rovio’s North American GM, disclosed some details on the growth of Angry Birds merchandise. They launched plush toys last December 2010, just in time for the holidays, and now they enjoy a healthy sale of their goods as they sell a million each month. Also, their brand of t-shirts are also snapped up by people (1 million per month as well).
Personally, my cousin owns a number of plush toys while I was lucky enough to be given a t-shirt by my girlfriend on our anniversary. Also, when I go to the malls every now and then, I see a lot of people wearing an Angry Birds inspired t-shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment